At 19:28 -0700 05/02/2002, gregory lewis wrote:

>I am working with Director 8.5 my movie is linked to
>an external QT movie and plays fine. When I save it to
>projector and burn a Mac OS CD it plays fine, but when
>I burn a custom Hybrid CD I get an error message on
>the Mac but have no problem on the PC.
>The message is "Director Player Error
>Unable to load movie playlist. Does the .INI file
>exist? It must contain a section '[Movies]' with an
>entry 'Movie01=Pathname.dir'."
>Can you help?

Wouldn't swear to it but I suspect the Mac projector's resource fork
has gone missing, or that the Mac partition cannot see the first file
it needs to load. Have you successfully burned hybrid CDs in the
past? If not I suggest you poke about online or with the CD burner
software's documentation to get a feel for the procedure. It's a
little tricky, so you might want to use a CD-RW to practice on until
you get it right.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting