> Andrew Dempsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Does anyone out there have any experience with
> > using languages that go right-to-left (such as
> > Arabic or Hebrew) in text cast members?

Hi Andrew--

You've gotten a couple good replies--I like James Newton's "flip
horizontal" idea.

There are a couple things you'll want to watch out for, though. Arabic,
Hebrew, Farsi, and probably some others, are really bi-directional.
While the native text is right to left, numerals, quotations from other
languages, and a few other things are left-to-right.

Take this sentence and pretend it's in Hebrew:

"What is the sum of 6.25 + 3.5?"

would be written something like this:
"?6.25 + 3.5 fo mus eht si tahW"

Or, "The English word is 'Lingo'." becomes ".'Lingo' si drow hsilgnE
ehT"

I may not be 100% right on the exact way it would be written, but that's
the idea. Also, I assume that you are aware that some Arabic characters
change form, depending on context, especially depending the following
character.

HTH

Cordially

Kerry Thompson