Hi list!

I'm trying to code a project in oop for the first time and I'm having some
trouble. Maybe you can help!?

The purpose of my application is to generate video-like sequences by
exporting a number of single images using the DirectImage Xtra. The user can
control the number, order and way those pictures are created by entering
some data in a text field. Like start frame, end frame, and others ...

The program collects the control data in the text fields performs some
calculations on it and stores the result in a list.

It then loads the source images that are needed into the memory. (The source
images can change from frame to frame, so the images have to be loaded into
memory and purged from there after use).

Now, depending of the user input it creates the images one by one and
exports them.

As I said, I'm a oop newbie and not sure what part of the program should be
in what type of script.

I thought of two parent scripts, one for collection the data and calculating
a sequence "oIni", one for actually creating a single image "oCreateImage".
As some of the properties of "oIni" should be available to the
"oCreateImage"-script, I would make "oIni" the ancestor of "oCreateImage".

As the first task to do is collecting the data, I would instantiate "oIni"
first. When time has come to render an image, "oIni" instantiates
"oCreateImage". But as "oIni" is the ancestor of "oCreateImage", another
instance of "oIni" is created in the new handler of "oCreateImage". That's
not what I wanted.

If I create "oCreateImage" in the first place, then some initialisation
procedures take place again and again, whenever "oCreateImage" is
instantiated.

Another related question: Where should I store the list with the control
data? As a property of "oIni"? I normally would put them into a global list.
But I wanted to learn oop, so ...

I'm sure there's some fundamental misconception about some oop thing, but I
don't know, how to do it properly.

Can somebody help?

Thanks in advance
Michael von Aichberger