Therese,

In D8 or later, use sound objects instead.

sound(soundChannel).queue
sound(soundChannel).play   ...etc.

Example:
sound(2).queue([#member: member("myAIFFmember"), #loopCount: 0])
sound(2).play()

It will be tight unless
a) You are queueing & playing several very short sounds in a row
b) You have several sound objects that you need to start at the exact
same moment (impossible)
c) You are using WinNT in which case you cannot use sound objects at all

HTH
-A.