Are you saying this?

- That you have a number of images
- Some are "tagged" in their names
- You have a list of the tagged images, e.g.: [32, 10, 19, 44]
- The user can view the list in order
- The user can also view ANOTHER image not in the list
- You don't know how to get back to the next one in the list?

If so, then do something like this...

Build your list such that you have your list:

global gImageList
gImageList=[32,10,19,44]
(but you probably made it with a loop)

Then make a variable to keep track of what you last looked at:

global gLastIndexViewed

gCurrIndex =0

Then, if they they want to go next or previous, you just

gCurrIndex =gCurrIndex + 1
gCurrIndex =min(gCurrIndex, count(gImageList))

or

gCurrIndex =gCurrIndex - 1
gCurrIndex =max(gCurrIndex, 1)

(the max/min stuff is to keep you from walking over the edges)

Then simply:

nextImageNum =gImageList[gCurrIndex]

Is that what you're looking for?