>Howdy all -
>Having a bit of a problem w/ setting a sprite's scriptInstanceList. I want
>the new sprite to have a bit of exitFrame functionality, but no mouse
>functionality so that sprites under it act under their own control.
>Typically I've done this just by not including mouse behaviors. So,
>anyway, I guess it would be quicker to show w/ code:

Not too hard. First, though, I assume there actually is a sprite in channel x.

You have to explicitly handle mouse events, unless the sprite is invisible.
To pass it on up the chain of command (e.g., from a sprite script to a
frame script--check Bruce's book for the right order), you would do
something like:

on mouseUp me
   pass
end

on mouseDown me
   pass
end

U.S.W.

If you want to pass it to a sprite underneath it--that is, in a lower
channel, but covered by your sprite--you have to do a little fancier
footwork. Something like:

property pTargetSprite -- a sprite number

on new me, targetSprite
   pTargetSprite = targetSprite
end

on mouseUp me