At 10:07 AM -0400 10/24/02, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > At 5:59 PM -0400 10/23/02, Bruce Epstein - Zeus Productions wrote:
>> >To my knowledge, Macromedia has repeatedly said they have no objection to
>> >"projector sharing."
>
>To my knowledge, it is the exact opposite. I remember someone from
>Macromedia (although I forget who) saying that in order to legally create a
>stub-projector for a given platform, you must own a copy of Director for
>that platform. Clearly one of us has this wrong.

Yes, to create a stub projector, you should own a legal copy of Director. That is a
separate issue of whether you can then give that stub projector to someone else. Think
about it...Shockwave Player is free. Macromedia charges for the authoring tool and
gives away the player for free (since the demise of Shockmachine).

If you are foolish enough to try to deliver for a platform without owning the
authoring tool, I'm not gonna stop you, and neither will Macromedia.

Regards,
Bruce