On Sunday, December 1, 2002, at 11:41 PM, Mamão - Toolshed wrote:

the thing is:
How can I get the 'BYTESTOTAL' information of a file WITHOUT having to download or preload this file?
I don't believe you can. In order to find out about the file, you've got to touch it in some way or another. I could be wrong but I think you're stuck with that. :\

Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting
Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide
Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill
http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html