On Tuesday, December 3, 2002, at 11:39 PM, Mamão - Toolshed wrote:

The system that I am creating will work with ASP only, I bet that there the ASP guy will be able to implement
an equivalent script.
I think you've missed the point. That a bytes indicator can be made that will interact with Director is not the question. The question is whether it is worth it. If you have to test the size of just one or two files online, for instance, having a size script made for you will not be efficient; it would be just as fast (if not faster) to touch the files and go from there.

If you're talking about assessing the total size of a directory full of files, sure, a script on the server side makes sense. But for one or two items, I don't think it's practical.

Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting
Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide
Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill
http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html