I think he means the file browser, to choose a file.

At 01:10 PM 1/6/03, Evan Adelman wrote:
Hi Lewis,

To just open a browser, check out the gotoNetPage method.

Are you planning on using the browser to import an image into director? Well, there should be an easier way w/ the the importFileInto method -- from my handy dir8 black book, importfileinto imports new media from an external file or internet location into a member. but using this method a while ago, i found the sample movie included in macromedia's tech note helpful http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/sample_importfileinto.htm
[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]