-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Paul Steven
Sent: donderdag 9 januari 2003 17:03
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: <lingo-l> Digital Video Question

Hi there

Simply question hopefully! I want to include a video intro in a director
projector I am creating. The playback spec is PC only however must
include
win 98 as a minimum. What is the best format to create or convert the
digital video to in order that the user does not need any additional
plugins
such as Quicktime. Would an AVI work fine or does it require Video For
Windows still as it used to do years ago when I last used an AVI in a
project. If AVI is the way to go, should I be aware of any codec issues?

The other alternative I thought of was to create separate bitmaps for
each
frame however there are 250 frames and they are all 800 by 400 pixels in
size. As the projector will be running from a CD-ROM I would imagine it
would not run fast enough without stuttering.

Any wise words or tips much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Paul

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).