On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 09:18 PM, Rodrigo Peres wrote:

Who has already saw the game "The sims"?? I need to develop something like
that but more simpler. What I need is to develop a room with some furniture
and my character that will walk in this room and don't cross throw walls
neither tables etc. It will turn around or take another way.
Start with two dimensions. Develop a "dot" person that can navigate around in its 2D world first.

Does anyone knows any kind of book or resource or anything that can point me
in a direction.
For general 3D work you might want to look at James Newton's _Director Shockwave Studio Developer Guide_.

Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting
Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide
Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill
http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html