i would first play with those to see what happens, just to test the handler, but without using the flash sprite
global cd
set isNotplaying =Stopped(cd) //return true when CD is stopped
set isPlaying =Playing(cd) //return true when CD is playing

if(isPlaying) then stop(cd)....etc
if everything's going wel, i would then look at the sprite flash handler...

Fabrice