On Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003, at 02:39 America/Chicago, srinivas * balusu wrote:

I want to develope a simple application for Linux platform.I want to know whether director supports developing this.

No.

Is there any another version available for Linux based development.

There are lots of very high level languages and scripting IDEs for Linux. For a more command-line/code heavy approach, you might consider a combination of Python and tkinter. (www.python.org). There are lots of platforms Python will run on.

For a package that is very reminiscent of HyperCard, check out Runtime Revolution (www.runrev.com). Runtime Revolution supports pretty much everything, including every significant flavor of 'nix.

Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/ Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html