Is there a way to use Lingo to see if the PC/Mac is connected to the Internet? I use baOpenURL to start the default browser and load a page, but I'd like to test for connection first.

There's a great TechNote on using getNetText for this at at http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/internt_connected.htm but that Note was written in 2000. Any newer methods?

Which of the newer Director books have the most info on using Net Lingo and Multiuser Server? I've never done Internet Lingo before, and my library may be a little behind. My most recent book is Gary Rosenzweig's Special Edition using D 8.5.

Many thanks!

Slava