On Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003, at 12:18 America/Chicago, Slava Paperno wrote:

Is there a way to use Lingo to see if the PC/Mac is connected to the Internet?

Not reliably, in my experience. You can try polling the environment.internetConnected but you'll probably find it's not accurate. As I recall it has problems with proxies.

I use baOpenURL to start the default browser and load a page, but I'd like to test for connection first.

Well, theoretically the machine will start a dialup session if there isn't a connection. It might not hurt to let the user know in advance with something like "If you click here a web page will load" (or whatever works), thus giving him/her a little warning that a net connection will be required.

Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/ Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Published by Osborne/McGraw-Hill http://shop.osborne.com/cgi-bin/osborne/0072195622.html