----- Original Message -----
From: "Colin Holgate" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Except that you can't see that the first one is option-space. The
> message was apparently written a few days ago, but perhaps this is a
> developing April Fools joke.

??? My post was written yesterday in response to Pranav & Tab's posts (also
dated April 1). Neither myself nor Pranav are using Macs, so we don't have
option keys, and even if we did, you'd be able to see *something* not just
an empty string (I assume option+space produces an extended ASCII character
that looks like a space) Note that there is *no* space in the string, it is
an empty double-quotes "".

It's definitely a real bug, but it seems to be intermittent. I just tried to
reproduce it again and this time I just get 0's, no VOID. It's weird. I have
to say, it's not exactly a critical bug, but it's definitely not an April
fools joke. It's now April the 2nd and 17 minutes, so if it were a joke I'd
have to tell you - that's the law.

I did manage to reproduce the problem here earlier though, so if Pranav is
making it up, he's doing a really thorough job...

- Robert