----- Original Message -----
From: "Kerry Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I think it has more to do with trying to use a <void> for anything
> useful. There have been long, sometimes acrimonious, threads about this.

You miss the point here. If the value returned is sometimes VOID and
sometimes 0, then if you do:

if( voidP( result ) ) then
  -- do something
else if( result = 0 ) then
  -- do something else
end if

Then you will get different results depending on the apparently random
output from this function with a single known input. That's not good from an
engineering POV.

- Robert