> Given the debate about the value of VOID, here's a similar question.
Is
> there any difference between the following two conditions?
>
> if voidP(myVariable) then...
>
> if myVariable=VOID then...
>
> I've always used the latter without any buggy results, but is it
proper?

I've used both myself, and I don't remember any problems. Perhaps one
thing to look for is the occasional NULL you will get from Director. I
don't think NULL is an official Director data type, but it shows up
sometimes. I *think* that Director will treat NULL and VOID the same,
but I'm not sure. It works in the message window, but that's no
guarantee it will work at runtime.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson