----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Plaenitz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I could test for  string( instance ) contains "Xtra"  but that seems to
> consume a lot of cpu cycles

It could also be buggy in the extising form - what about a script whose name
contains Xtra, or Extra?

I don't think there's a better way though. Rewrite it as if(
string(instance) begins "<Xtra" ) instead of using contains. It should be
slightly faster too as it doesn't have to scan the entire string, but not
much, certainly nowhere near as fast as a predicate.

If you're worried about the performance of this, I would ask why you need to
know that the object is an Xtra in the first place, and why don't you
already know anyway? There may be a better way to do what you want without
the test.

- Robert