Hi all,

Having a bit of a flash crisis here... for some reason on SOME machines,
flash elements of my project will play fine and then with no discernable
cause, they will start this studdering type thing where the sound seems to
be stopping and restarting several times a second. the visuals
continue(albeit slowly) and the sound continues, but with a very annoying
tat-tat-tat. Once this happens, it happens for ALL flash sprites in a movie,
even if going to a frame where the flash does not exist and then going to a
different movie.

The flash movies are all time-based motion and have a streaming sound in
their base timeline. I make sure to wait until the entire flash is preloaded
before playing and set a flag so that flash will not be played again. I have
tested to see what would happen if mysprite.play() was being called on every
enterframe, and the result is not the same as the behavior we are seeing on
some machines. I am also using global flash objects in the movie to set the
volume, but I am not messing around with playback at all.

I would love to get this to happen on my development machine, but it seems
like none of my testing machines on any os or my dev machine can recreate
the problem. I am running dirMX on winXP pro, problem in my office all have
XP, but specs vary widely.

What concerns me is that the problem can start occuring at any point (even
if user has already seen flash in the movie before) and will not go away
until the whole projector is restarted :0o

Any possible suggestions?

TIA,
~Mathew