----- Original Message -----
From: "Kerry Thompson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > >Does anyone know what the ESC keycode is? Where can I find a list
> > >that corresponds to teh numbers Director uses?
> >
> > Sorry -
> >
> > In my previous response I sent the ANSI table &
> > I should have sent ASCII (right Kerry?)
>
> > so the number you want is 29
>
> Ummm... actually, escape is ASCII 27. And ANSI 27.

Just to confuse matters, keyCodes are neither ASCII, ANSI, nor are they the
same as the hardware scancodes sent by the keyboard. They use some F"!£'d up
system that Macromedia smoked up one day, the reference is here:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/keycodes.htm

Notably, ESC isn't in that list, but a quick test reveals it's keyCode to be
53.

- Robert