At 12:12 AM -0500 4/3/03, you wrote:
> Just to confuse matters, keyCodes are neither ASCII, ANSI,
 nor are they the same as the hardware scancodes sent by the
 keyboard.

Good point, Robert. keyCodes are good for catching function keys, escape, and the like. And, they are neither ASCII nor ANSI nor ISO 8859.x.

Sometimes I read a question and answer what I think the poster is
asking. The original post asked for the keycode for escape, so he may
very well want the Director keyCode, rather than the ASCII code.

Now he has both. He's either happy, or more confused than ever ^_^

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson

thanks guys - I think I must've left my brain at the toy store yesterday ... (I was shopping for trucks for a 2 yr old boy - there's zillions)

   :)