hi jumping in late on this, but just fyi for windows users: if I remember my problems doing this a while back, the root cause of my troubles seemed to be not having all the same sizes/colors of icons as the original icon group (i had created an icon group from scratch). so, yes, starting from the default director icon group and *not* deleting icons you don't think you'll need avoids problems.

evan

Carl West wrote:

Carl West wrote:

I'm using ResHack to change the icon on my standard windows projector.
When I finally succeed, the projector errors saying that it needs the Shockwave Player.

Worked it out. Fortunately I'm using D8.5. The trick was getting ResHacker to look at the .skl file (All Files [*.*], doh. Hey, I'm a Mac user, I forget that stuff sometimes), Save out the existing icons as a .ico file,
Use that file as a guide to building a new .ico file in Icon Edit
Save _that_ .ico file
Use ResHacker to put it into a copy of Projec32.skl (save the old one) and keep a copy of this new one in the project folder for later use.

A bit of jiggering about, but it works.

--

*m u t a n t m e d i a* > /solutions for success // // / *Evan Adelman* | 917.916.7378 | 598 Broadway NY NY 10012 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | www.mutantmedia.com <http://www.mutantmedia.com>