Carl,

At 01:04 AM 6/9/03 -0400, you wrote:
Hmmm. Where were you _copying_ the image from?
All I've managed to get is rectangles with white where I wanted transparency.

When I was successful with this, I actiually copied from the *icon* of the image file. That was under OS 9.1.When I stopped being successful with this under OS 9.2, I also got white where I used to get transparency, using ther same method. But now in OS X 10.2.6 I get black!

Anyway, I've now installed Icon Composer from the Apple Developer Tools that Tzi referred me to, and learned how to make a real icon with all those images and masks, and in the last 10 minutes I've also learned how to make the OS X bundle display my icon. But there are still mysteries galore in that info.plist file that no one tells you about. The writeup about bundles on the MM site is great for an overview, but it doesn't tell you anything about any of the properties that are in the info.plist file. I'm sure some of them don't apply and some are optional, but I don't know where to find out. That write-up doesn't even tell you what creator type to use for projectors.

S.