On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 03:38 PM, Rodrigo Peres wrote:

This project will be running from Kiosk. It will among other things check
prices. The client use the barcode in package, and the system go to the
database and get the price, description and present on screen.
I've never heard about PHP executable where I can find it?? Or Perl
executable?? And how can I send it with instalation CD?? And more important
deal with webserver is ok, but how can I talk to the .exe to grab the
retieved information from database?

I'm not sure I have an experienced answer to supply if you don't want to use PHP as CGI. In theory, it could be distributed independently as described, but I haven't done it that way.

Used as CGI the process is very clean and straightforward, with Director doing all the thinking, and PHP acting as a "phone line" to the DB.

--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.