i'd check Yachun's email sent just prior to yours.

are these xml files local? if all you're doing is text manipulation, why don't you just stay native to director? why use perl at all? not that it's any my business - your prerogative if you want to use perl.

needing more coffee,
evan

Anand Ravi wrote:

is that really the case? if the solution involves ASP, you're probably
right, you need a webserver. but php, perl, and the like are actually
separate executables that you could include (1. the distribution
licenses are pretty loose if i remember, and 2. all the perl executables
and lib that come in the distro i have are 13MB - good enough to include
on a cd)

A quick question: How will Director know when perl has completed execution?

Background: On click of a button, I will execute a perl exe (win32) to
manipulate an XML file and once it is done, I display the XML file within
Director.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Anand Ravi

*m u t a n t m e d i a* > /solutions for success // // / *Evan Adelman* | 917.916.7378 | 598 Broadway NY NY 10012 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | www.mutantmedia.com <http://www.mutantmedia.com>