Hi,

I'm officially confounded.  I tried the code supplied by Luke it detects
winME.  I put exactly the same code in my application and it detects
win98 every time.   I tried both baVersion("windows") and baVersion
("os") with the same results. Have I entered the dark zone or is there
something that could be causing this?

I would try (the environment).osVersion, but frankly I don't know how to
use it.  I will have to look it up somewhere.

My application is a CD that is time specific i.e. it gets replaced every
semester.  However you are right I should be checking for other OS's.

Thanks
Liz

You
> might want an otherwise clause in there.
>

> --
> Mark A. Boyd
> Keep-On-Learnin' :)

> http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list,
email
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).
Lingo-L