At 18:24 2003-07-16, Howdy-Tzi wrote:
On Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003, at 19:49 America/Chicago, Mark A. Boyd wrote:

At 12:53 2003-07-16, Kurt Griffin wrote:
"The application can not start as it
cannot create needed files. There may not be enough free disk space."

Another possibility is that if you've created a Standard projector, it still needs to unpack the .dll files to the temp folder. This /may/ cause problems for users with restricted access.

But why would the error happen on duplicated CDs, but not with the duplication master?

It doesn't make much sense, does it? There must be something abnormal going on at the duplication center. Or something odd about the CD-R burning software or drive? I would probably try a different dupe house, burn a CD from a different machine with different software, and/or try a shocked projector - given time and budget anyway.

If they're like my local dupe center, they handle short runs in-house and out-source large quantity orders. Once in a while I get an error report from a large run order if there is the slightest flaw on the CD-R. I wonder if there might be a slight flaw that gets amplified somehow in the duplication process? Just a single bit that forces that error.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)