Hi again,
right it simply wasn't working for me so i've eventually stripped it down to
what i see is causing the problem.Can anyone offer an explanation for the
following.
My project stores a schedule in a text file, one of the parameters stored in
the file is a filename input by the user for this i am using the MUI xtra or
BuddyAPI, i have traced the problem i'm experiencing to have something to do
with this, so i created a simple movie 10 frame movie with the following
script

frame script on frame 2

on exitFrame me

  set schedulefile =new(xtra "fileio")
    createFile(schedulefile, "tempschedule.txt")
    filestatus = status(schedulefile)
       alert schedulefile.error(filestatus)
    openFile(schedulefile, "tempschedule.txt", 0)
  closeFile(schedulefile)
  set schedulefile=0

  set schedulefile =new(xtra "fileio")
  openFile(schedulefile, "tempschedule.txt", 0)
  delete(schedulefile)
  closeFile(schedulefile)
  set schedulefile=0

end

frame script frame 10
go the frame

a button on the stage has the following script attached
on mouseUp me

  --  set aMuiObj = new (xtra "MUI")
  --  set fileString = "Open this file"
  --  set gresult = fileOpen(aMuiObj, fileString)

  set gresult=""
  set gresult = baGetFilename("select","","","",0,"Please select a
file",false,-1,-1)

  --  set aMuiObj=0
  alert string(gresult)

  go(1)

end

I get similar results when i use the MUI xtra script above.
If i pick a file in a sub directory of the movie file i always get "file
already exists" when i can see it does not. The movie directory and other
paths seem to return OK but can anyone tell me why, its taken me ages to
track this down and i can see no logic in it what so ever.

Lee Blinco
Multimedia Developer
AVR Productions
+44 (0)1462 819603