> Hi again,
> right it simply wasn't working for me so i've eventually
> stripped it down to what i see is causing the problem.Can
> anyone offer an explanation for the following.
> frame script on frame 2
>
> on exitFrame me
>
>   set schedulefile =new(xtra "fileio")
>     createFile(schedulefile, "tempschedule.txt")
>     filestatus = status(schedulefile)
>        alert schedulefile.error(filestatus)
>     openFile(schedulefile, "tempschedule.txt", 0)
>   closeFile(schedulefile)
>   set schedulefile=0
>
>   set schedulefile =new(xtra "fileio")
>   openFile(schedulefile, "tempschedule.txt", 0)
>   delete(schedulefile)
>   closeFile(schedulefile)
>   set schedulefile=0
> end

I'm not sure what you're trying to do. This script creates a file, then
deletes it without ever writing or reading anything.

What are you trying to do and what errors are you getting? Sorry if that
was in there some place, but I couldn't tell from your post. Try again,
and clearly state what you are trying to do, and exactly what is going
wrong, and where.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson