From: "Daniel Nelson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2003 10:44 AM
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> [XPOST] FileIO Xtra wrapper: writeFile() solution

> Thanks Evan.  I guess FileIO Xtra can't read a character that other text
reading applications can.

> Since I'm only using text to write XML, I'm tempted to append the space
character or the carriage return character enough times to make up for the
difference in string lengths.  How does that sound to people?

> It seems very risky to have a period of time in which the file is
absolutely gone before it is created again, a number of things could prevent
the createFile() command from completing properly, leaving the user with no
file.

> Thanks,
>
> Daniel
>
> Evan Adelman wrote:
>
> > huh - just tested it really quickly on win2k, d8.5.1, looking at the
> > file in notepad, and no go - just left the 'goodbye' in there...if i
> > look at it in wordpad, same thing except now goodbye has a block in
> > front of it....any ideas?
> >
> > evan

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]