> Has anyone else ever had problems getting baXCopyProgress to work in
> Buddy API?
>
> I can't seem to get the handler to work at all - I get a handler not
> found error?
>
> The movie script I have this:
>
> on baCopyProgressUpdate percentage, filename
>  updateProgressBar percentage
>    updateStatus fileName
>     if keyPressed( " " ) then
>          return 1
>     end if
> end
>
> And in the time line:
>
> OK = baXCopyProgress( "c:\C-4" , "d:\c-4" , "*", "IfNewer", true,
> "Backing up files... ", "Cancel", 0 )

I'm not sure what you mean by "in the time line." Is it a frame script?

A couple of things. First, if you have Buddy installed, you don't need to have
a handler in the movie script. Get rid of your baCopyProgressUpdate handler
and just call baCopyProgressUpdate and it will go to Buddy. That is, unless
you're trying to overload a Buddy function, but I'm not sure why you would do
that.

It also looks like you may be using the call from an earlier beta of the
copyProgress functionality. The format for the call is baCopyXFilesProgress(
SourceDir , DestDir , FileSpec, Overwrite, Title, ButtonText, Flags ). Check
to make sure you have version 3.6 (on Windows, and whatever the latest version
is on Mac), and check the help file for more info on the call.

You probably also need to have "*.*" for your file name specification, not
just "*".

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson