>>Anyone have any insight as to why the My Computer window would *only
>>sometimes* show the custom icon for the CD drive?

I'm also having this problem...

Autorun contains..
"icon=projector.exe"

 - projector is in root of CD
 - problem occurs on Windows XP Home and Professional
 - projector icon was created with Microangelo 5.5

Is it a Microangelo or a Director problem???

Any relevant ideas much appreciated,
Bruce

ps. I'm sure we'd all love to get a straight answer on this issue
without it being hijacked by silly OS-advocacy posts.