> I have a nav button which turns into a cascading menu (which expands
> and contracts via a film loop). When the user chooses a menu option,
> the menu contracts (a film loop). The film loop has a
> "sendallsprites"
> message to tell the button it has reached the last frame. That call
> triggers a call to my navigation object, which has a "go movie" call,
> among other things.

I usually control film loops the other way around--I have a script that
keeps track of where they are. For example:

on stepFrame me
  tell sprite(filmLoopSprite)
    atEndOfLoop = (the frame = the lastFrame)
  end tell

  if (not atEndOfLoop) then
    go the frame
  else
      gAnimationPlayed = TRUE
  end if
end

That script tells me when the film loop is done. You could probably also
use it to tell when it had reached a label or such.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson