There were also some very good posts about this in the past year or two. A quick trip to the archives may answer a lot of the detailed questions on procedure and methodology to ripping the heads off video and reassembling later on-disk.

Since you don't mind writing to disk, hopefully it won't be a problem to write these videos to the hard disk... Since you can't collage video together in memory (pity), you actually have to place it on a disc so that director can get a path to the file.

~Mathew