Minimized app problem

I have a problem in Windows XP where my minimized projector automatically becomes activated again if the user closes the last open window on the desktop. Although the projector does not come to the front, you can see that it is active because the tab in the start bar is highlighted and the on activateApplication handler is also called.

The projector should only become active if the user clicks the tab in the start bar.

I need to avoid this happening because in this case I am using the on activateApplication handler to set the screen resolution to 800 x 600. So if the user minimizes the projector and has any folders or windows open on the desktop, closing the last window will reset the monitor to 800 x 600 - showing a BIG desktop - but without even bring the projector back up.

I realise this is probably a Windows issue, not a Director issue. Is there any way to detect that the stage has been brought to the front rather than relying on the on activateApplication handler?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Many Thanks
Neil