Well, I think (haven't checked out) that @ is for Lingo only, and not
really appreciated by Xtras... have you tried if
getNthFileNameinFolder, or only baFileExists?

Actually, I have. I usually don't post a question until it's stumped me for at least a half hour ^_^

fName = "@//UserData/Users.xml"
 put baFileExists(fName)
-- 0

I know there's some secret combination to get that.

There isn't. It's true, Buddy doesn't work with "@/" pathing. You have to build your own string. I use "@/" all the time for things like member.filename = "@/content/some.jpg" - but you have to revert to something like baFileExists(the moviePath & (the moviePath).char[(the moviePath).char.count] & "UserData/Users.xml").

-Kurt