Van: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] John Waller
Verzonden: woensdag 17 maart 2004 7:25
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: <lingo-l> Midi and Director

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice regarding the
possibility of using Midi sounds in Director.

I have a situation where I would like to be able to play individual
notes or chords (not necessarily sequences, though this might also be a
possibility). I thought Midi files would be smaller than sound samples
and would also offer greater flexibility and range of sounds.

However I guess I also need to think of cross-platform playability. Most

Macs will have QT installed and therefore I guess access to QuickTime's
midi instruments (assuming this is still a function of QT) but PC's
might have a problem with this - or are there common equivialents on the

PC which play midi sounds?

The final application will be both on the Web via Shockwave and on CD or

hard-drive as a projector.

I am vaguely aware of the old Beatnik plug-in but do not really know
what it does or how it works. However it sounds defunct and probably not

useful anymore.

I am using Director MX on Mac OS X.

Thanks in advance,
John

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]).