SecureNet Xtra is a replacement for Director's Net Lingo commands - it is a lot more reliable, especially over a proxy server (allowing for username and password to be used) and I believe also allow secure Internet connections (https) from a projector.

I use it quite a bit and is very good, but not required if you mainly do shockwave work, or if a proxy will not be used

hth

Fraser