Is there any reason why these images must be all imported into Director? It might be easier to deal with these images if you had them all as external images in a single folder. Then you could have one (or more, depending on what your needs are for the catalog) graphic members that link to an external file.

To set this up, you import one image, which could just be a blank image, and select Import Link only (or what ever it is called. Then at run time, you build up a string of what the real file name is, and set the filename of the member.

Hope this helps.

Irv