Cool work, Valentin. I liked the curl interaction in your demo.

Any chance Shell xtra can be used to handle bilateral communications with a
shell program while it's continually running(perhaps accessing stdin, stdout
and stderr streams)? I'm interested in using Director for interactive
visualizations of simulation models written in Java and C++. I'd like to
handle mouse events in director and change the models during runtime.
Conversely, I'd like to be notified by the programs if the model has changed
so my visualization can update itself.

Thanks,

Steve
http://www.redfish.com    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
624 Agua Fria Street      office: (505)995-0206
Santa Fe, NM 87501        mobile: (505)577-5828