------- Sorry if this e-mail would appear twice, but internet connection in
Ukraine gets "better and better" every single day-----------------

Thanks guys for insight. So with your advice (pity Zav can't see my getting
smarter and smarter every consequent day! :)) in my witty mind I navigated
straight to Xtras folder of Director app and started filtering the needed
.x32 files for the ultimate projector. When you have a fresh installation of
Director MX 2004 on Windows platform you'll probably discover 5 folders
under that Xtras one. I'll start from the end cause it's easier to judge. To
cut the long story short, and if you find yourselves hard to reading the
whole post, here is the list of xtras that I've filtered for my needs and
divided them into two categories: ones that are needed for projectors and
ones that you shouldn't care of and leave them where they were born by the
Director installation process.

For Projector:

Core \
        Mix \
                "BitdReader.x32"___
                "Image Trabslator Helper.x32"___
                "Mix Services.x32"___
        Net Support \
                "INetURL.x32"
                "NetFile.x32"
        "DirectSound.x32"
        "LXComprs.x32"___
        "MacroMix.x32"
        "Squish.x32"___
        "SWACompr.x32"___
        "TextXtra.x32"___

Media Element \
        ActiveX \
                Redist \ -- do I need these 3 at all?
                        "ActiveX.x32"
                        "ActXPriv.x32"___
        Flash Asset \
                "Flash Asset.x32"
        QT \
                "QT6Asset.x32"
        "Animated GIF Asset.x32"
        "Cursor Asset.x32"
        "DVD Asset.x32"
        "Font Asset.x32"
        "Font Xtra.x32"
        "RealMedia Asset.x32"
        "Shockwave 3D Asset.x32"
        "Sound Control.x32"
        "SWADCmpr.x32"
        "SWAOpt.x32"___
        "SWAStrm.x32"___
        "Text Asset.x32"
        "Vector Editor Asset.x32"___
        "Windows Media Asset.x32"
Scripting \
        "FileIo.x32"
        "Mui Dialog.x32"___
        "NetLingo.x32"
        "Speech.x32"
        "UIHelper.x32"___

___ - the ones I'm unsure of.

Now a more detailed description of what I've been doing while accomplishing
this task.

The "Transition" folder is empty so it goes to vacation right away.

The "Tool" folder is being sent away cause as its name implies it does serve
only at runtime. Moreover, it contains only two xtras the "SWAConvrt.x32"
and "Pshopflt.x32" ones that are definitely made for service needs.

Then comes the "Scripting" folder. Well, at the first glance there are a
number of xtras that I think should be used by the projector, but there are
two that stalls my copying: the "UIHelper.x32" and "MUI Dialog.x32" ones.
Dunno whether theya are needed or not so I'd better stay on the safe side
and still copy them.

Then the "Media Element" folder. When you doubleclick this yellow
folder-like icon you'll see a refined environment with myriads of separate
widgets waiting for Director application to be launched and start working
for the hard working society (Jesus, what am I driving at?) :(. Sorry, back
to the point. There are 22 .x32 files plus 3 folders. The "ActiveX" folder
holds two necessary xtras but I'm not sure of the "ActXPriv.x32" one, do I
need it? Moreover, is the "Redistributable" folder viable for projectors?
Then comes the "Flash Asset" subfolder. According to Rob Walch's post, I
need only the "Flash Asset.x32" one but exclude the "Flash Asset
Options.x32", did so, going further. The "QT" subfolder holds two xtras, and
again, the "QTAuth.x32" is expelled fro the ultimate app. The "Media
Element" folder itself is full of xtras, but it's really easy to say which
ones I need and which ones don't. Just like Rob pointed I should (basically)
exclude files with words like "Option(s)", "Auth", "Dialog" in place. Did
so, going further. There are some .x32s in this folder that I'm not sure of.
Do I need "SWAOpt.x32", "SWAStr.x32", "Vector Editor Xtra.x32" ones?

The "Core" folder. In this medium you'll find 9 xtras and 2 folders. The
"Mix" subfolder holds 23 objects. All of them are classified as servicing
ones (why? Read the replies to my post :), except for "BitdReader.x32",
"Image Translator Helper.x32", "Mix Servoces.x32" that I'm not sure of, do I
want them? The "Net Support" subfolder contains two xtras but they show up
as the defaults in the put(_movie.movieXtraList) command of the blank MX04
movie so I bravely copy them. In the "Core" folder itself I'm not sure of
"LZComprs.x32", "Squish.x32" - funky name hey?, "SWACompr.x32",
"TextXtra.x32" - any different than "Text Asset.x32"? all the rest are
needed taking into account filtering techniques. Well, that's about it.

P.S. I'm a Director newbie and if you find any misleading information that
may violate your personal insights or your company's revenue and you
consider such posts to be added in your e-mail client as "Junk" then I'd be
glad to hear of this :]

-----------------------------

James Newton:

> Hi Peter,
>
>   put the movieXtraList

Hi James,

See, your approach has a drawback that if I, let's say, remove the media
element from the movie the xtra is very likely to stay listed under the
put(_movie.movieXtraList) command or Modify > Movie > Xtras. I wish it
removed itself dynamically, then I could feel safe and sound. BTW, how many
hamsters have you got and how much time it usually takes you to catch them?

Cheers to all. Having an exam on Tuesday, you better go study students :).

Petro O. Bochan, M.A.
Assistant Professor
Dept. of Foreign Languages
College of History