You mean like postscript font metric files(.pfm) instead of font bitmap(.pfb) files used in screen representation? Typically when you purchase fonts from a type foundry they will provide both bitmap and metrics for each face... at least with Postscript, since that is what I am familiar with. Not too sure how OpenType/TrueType handles the vector outlines of the text, but I know they are there. You can take any font in Illustrator for example and outline it to get the vector format... Are you thinking about using these in Director somehow, or for some other purpose?

~Mathew

Kerry Thompson wrote:
I need to get a high-res (1200 dpi) printer font for Chinese and
Cyrillic--we need to do high-quality print output. Does anybody have any
ideas how to get those? I've only dealt with on-screen fonts.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson