Ronald & list

I too have always used Quicktime as the primary format for
Our project. For Projects that are simple "1" video director
Projects QuickTime is a very poor option because of the plug-in
requirements.

So,  we use Onstage Media for director for great Mpeg-1 play back
On any computer any OS. (plus non standard mpg-1 sizes I.E. 640x480)
However mpg-1 does not provide very
Good compression (size) compared to wmv files. So we are looking for
A reliable way to start using WMV files (media player 7.0 codec) in our
Simple "1" video projects.

What I am finding is:
1) With Onstage Media with Director MX we can reliable play back
Media player 7.0 WMV files on any WinXP or Win2000 box.
Win 98 & Wim98ME will work as long as it has MediaPlayer 7.0 installed.

Sooner or later we plan to start not caring about win 98 compatibility?

Is any one using WMV files on a widely distributed project successfully?
We are tiring too right now.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Tom