>However I was going to use getPref and setPref to do this, but I'm not 100%
>sure on exactly where Director will save the text files generated by this
>method, or if such a default location will be accessible on all machines
>(both PC and Mac) it runs on.
If you're doing a projector, the fileIO xtra has full run of your file
system. (Subject to permissions.) If you use it, you can put your file
anywhere you want, say, in a subdirectory relative to your projector. If
you need to create the subdirectory on the fly, buddy will do that for
you.

Using fileIO is a little more work, but gives you a lot of flexibility.
Alse, if you write a generic file management parent script, you can pick
it up and use it in other projects, so this is a job that really only
needs to get coded once.

.