after you setup the netmessagehandler and start you connection.
you can jump to a loop frame (probably some animation there) and wait for the callback
, if the connection is successfully done , then you can proceed to you next
destination.

kafka

Bjarne Nyquist wrote:

> > 1, how did you recieve the parameter. (can't tell what happen without looking into
>you script)
> Dead on - I made a mistake in a callbackhandler that set my props to void (isnīt it
>always the stupid programmers fault?)
>
> But I have two other questions on the multi user server.
> 1.
> I cant find out how I can make the movie wait until a network action really happens.
>When my moive starts it connects to the server and after that it retreives a small
>amount of data from one of the servers databases.
> Now if the connection takes some time the database (of course) wonīt respond. How do
>I wait for the connection to be established befor I call the database?
>
> 2.
> When I run the .dcr locally off my HD it works OK, but when I put it on the server
>and connect, the shockwave logo and progress comes up for a while (the progress bar
>stuck at the beginning) Then the logo disappears  and nothing more happens (only the
>backgroundcolor of the stage is visible, no sprites no nothing)
>
> Anyone?
>
> Bjarne

> If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the OTHERS here
>for?
>
> Bjarne Nyquist
> Researcher, Lingo Programmer
> The Interactive Institute, phone: +46-(0)8 783 24 74
> www.interactiveinstitute.se

Click here for Free Video!!
http://www.gohip.com/free_video/