I'm new to the this listserv and new to Director, so please let me know if I
deviate from your conventions.

I'd like to do the following.

1. Have a user type an answer to a question in a field and press
ENTER/RETURN.
2. Compare the answer to the correct answer and respond accordingly.

The following is the barebones of the code I'm using to check if the user
has correctly typed the symbol for the element carbon.

on keyUp
  if the key = RETURN then
      answer = member("input field large").text
      if answer = "C" Then
          go "symbol correct"
      else
          go "symbol incorrect"
      end if
  end if
end

Typing "C" does not yield the correct response. If I put the same code
(without the key = RETURN lines) under a button, it works fine. The
ENTER/RETURN key seems to change the text. Any ideas on how I make this
work? I don't want to use "contains" because I don't want "Ca" to be
considered correct.

Thanks

Mark Bishop
Monterey Peninsula College