i still say imaging lingo is the way to go. i'm sure no one wants to
actually generate all possibilities, but merely have the ability to
generate any arbitrary one.

Shawn Dukes wrote:

> > Don't know if you could do it in Lingo--it might be larger than maxInt :-)
>
> Yeah, maxInt may have some trouble with that one . . . ;- )
>
> However, googolplexes aside, the objective was a bitmap.  The entire number
> could be represented as a bitmap, and a Lingo implementation could take it
> in easy to swallow bytes (no pun intended), and increment each byte of the
> bitmap appropriately.  While these numbers are physically impossible to
> represent in decimal form, they are not a problem in a binary
> representation.  Consider the relative simplicity of a 60 x 60 black and
> white image, which computers can manipulate with ease, but could represent a
> decimal number larger than all the particles in the universe.
> Of course, the really prohibitive obstacles are the time it would take to
> make these images, and the storage to keep them.
> I would go with a 5 x 5 black and white at 2 to the power of 25 there are a
> (relatively) measly 33,554,432 permutations.  However, At approximately 50K
> each, in BMP format, they would take: 1,677,721,600,000 Bytes?!  Hmmm, I
> guess storage would still be a problem . . .

R. Bhakti Klein
Lingo Programmer, Scientific Learning
http://www.ScientificLearning.com
http://www.BrainConnection.com
**
Baritone, Wicki6
http://www.wicki6.com
***
"On Earth, you can only do little things;
but you can do them with a lot of Love."
                              -- Mother Theresa