Thanks for the info Rob,

Yes in fact I was using it on all 26 chars + 10 numbers + various other
keys so it was a bit of a pain. But such are the joys of working at the
cutting edge!!

My other current gripe about D8(Win) is this window focus issue which
means that e.g. the message window does not come to the front when you
hit CTRL-m, it can't be that difficult to get these basic things right
can it? I'm all for enhancing Director's functionality and would love to
see a good, solid implementation of a 3-d engine in D9 but please don't
let it be at the expense of these basics that were supposed to have been
fixed in D8 (remember that's D8 where MM were going to listen to the
developers concerns and concentrate on fixing all the bugs!) Grumble,
grumble - god i must be getting old, now where did i put my glasses...

Jon